No announcement yet.

Iraqi constitution on track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interim constitution will not go into effect until approved by chief U.S. civilian administrator L. Paul Bremer, who is expected to approve it.
    I just don't understand how if these people want something in THEIR Constitution that we don't like, that we can shoot it down.
    Doesn't anyone see that this is the very reason other nations don't like us?
    WHO the blank are we to tell another country what their Constitution should say.

That IS NOT freedom, it's all the freedom WE will allow.

How is this different from Saddam saying OK lets have free elections, but if you choose something I don't like I'll change it?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

This may sound politically incorrect....Tough....The U.S Armed forces gave them that freedom...........

I doubt seriously we'll get out before a stabilized secular government is in place.........If that weren't what most Iraqi's wanted........We'd be seeing alot more trouble than we are...........

In fact, that to me is the main reason for starting and completing this war...........
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

It worked out well for Japan.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

How is this different from Saddam saying OK lets have free elections, but if you choose something I don't like I'll change it?
          First,thats is not the way it worked.

The way it worked was that Saddam said, "Vote the way I tell you or you will be killed".

Second, it is completely different, ask the Kurds, Shiites and Marsh Arabs.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
          X