What to do with Manumanulena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Manumanulena

We don't have another Tight End on the roster and the FA market is slim pickins. Can we afford to let this guy go or the price too rich for a guy known to drop balls and blow assignments?

I say let him go. Use the 4th for a replacement and sign a veteren for less $.
    Take the 4th rounder and let the Panthers have him
    0%
    We don't have a TE and need to match the of
    0%
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

I think this vote will be near unanimous. I love Ben Troupe and think he can be better than Winslow, but I don't know if it is worth using a first round pick on a TE with the offense Martz has.

Comment

I think we should take a long look at this Bruener from Pittsburg. We might overpay but if the guy at least gets in someones way while blocking he'll be an upgrade over what we've had.

Comment

What is the difference in last year’s salary and the new contract from Carolina?

I would like to think that he could be a very effective blocker, especially at his weight. Does he still have upside as a blocker? Has the rams organization dedicated enough time and detail into his development?

Those questions need answers. I would guess, with all the position switching, and MM past record of player development, that this has not occurred.
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

He is a biiiiiiiiiiig guy with pretty good hands and is tough to bring down.

I dont know how well he does on blocking, but he was a nice feature last year.

With that said, I dont know if I really want Martz toying with another draft pick.

We are getting nothing but Eric Crouch's and Lawrence Phillips this year baby!
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

and is tough to bring down.

Jackster.........respectfully disagree with this.........Manumaleuna was incredibly easy to bring down for a big guy...........Other than that he takes a little too much of a beating from fans..........

As far as is he worth it........I say no.........Simply because I think you can get a comparable return for less of a hit in the first 2 years.............
            AKA reddevil
            AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Is he really any better than Cleeland?
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 6 2004, 12:01 PM
                I thought Cleeland was a waste and so was manamanu or whatever his name is.
                My vote made it 13-0.
                RIP Stan the Man
                The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 6 2004, 12:01 PM
                  Good question damtoft.

The problem is, I am not sure if we know yet?

We know cleeland can't block. can brandon m? I wish we knew for sure, before we lose another piece of the OL.
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

i thought cleeland did an alright job. he caught pretty much everything thrown his way. i think the rams should have gone to him a little more often.

anyway, jed weaver is available. he did ok for the niners this year. he can catch pretty good. better than manamaleuna.

my vote makes it 14-nil. the panthers are crazy. what has manamaleuna ever done to warrant that contract?
                    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 6 2004, 12:59 PM
                      i thought cleeland did an alright job. he caught pretty much everything thrown his way. i think the rams should have gone to him a little more often.

anyway, jed weaver is available. he did ok for the niners this year. he can catch pretty good. better than manamaleuna.

my vote makes it 14-nil. the panthers are crazy. what has manamaleuna ever done to warrant that contract?
                      Neither guy could block...at least Cleeland caught a few balls...just PLEASE DON'T HAND-OFF THE BALL TO HIM IN SHORT YARDAGE SITUATIONS...!
                      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                      -mike
                      mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

If I were a Rams fan, I wouldn't want that clown back....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Martz doesn't even know how to use a tight end.

Comment

He does have this fascination with handing off to his tight-end.
                            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 6 2004, 10:41 AM
                              I think this vote will be near unanimous. I love Ben Troupe and think he can be better than Winslow, but I don't know if it is worth using a first round pick on a TE with the offense Martz has.
                              I'm not sure we will get Troupe, though I would take him at 26.

Look for the Broncos to take Troupe now that they have filled their CB need with Bailey.

If Winslow wasn't in this draft, you would be hearing much more about Ben Troupe. The guy is a stud.

If the Rams are smart they will take a CB in round 1. Troupe will be off the board but several good cornerbacks will probably still be available, including Poole.
                              Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Working...
                              X