Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were you during Mizzou/KU blackout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were you during Mizzou/KU blackout?

Looks like Mizzou's Big 12 tournament games will be viewable by the general public here in STL unlike last year, when the local station managers boofed all Mizzou/college hoops fans by not televising the Mizzou/Kansas Big 12 tournament semifinal game.

What a fiasco. It was on some local, unadvertised Charter station.

P-D column
    Dude. Can. Fly.

And to answer my own question, I went over to watch the game at a friend's place that had DirecTV. The game was repeatedly advertised as being on ESPN2. Game-time comes ... and it's blacked out with no fucking explanation. Brutal.

I promptly cruised to a bar (St. Louis Sports Zone) to see the second half.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Man, that must have been frustrating as hell for you guys. I am in Springfield, where I have never had any such problems. I get all the MU games down here on cable, dont need DirecTV. The only game I havent seen on TV this year is the Colorado game in Boulder, which wasnt televised anywhere in Missouri, to my knowledge.

There is no excuse for the MU-KU game last year being blacked out anywhere, and I would have been irate with the cable company had that happened here.
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 6 2004, 08:36 AM
        Looks like Mizzou's Big 12 tournament games will be viewable by the general public here in STL unlike last year, when the local station managers boofed all Mizzou/college hoops fans by not televising the Mizzou/Kansas Big 12 tournament semifinal game.

What a fiasco. It was on some local, unadvertised Charter station.

P-D column
        Oh yeah...I remember that. There a thread at Bernies about it too with lots of Po'd peeps.
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Where was I?

I was watching on Charter.
          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Working...
          X