Roman Turek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Turek

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the Flames put Turek on waivers.

Anybody want him back?

The posts at TSN Canada on this topic are pretty funny and there are some good names for Turek

Tureek
    Turdek
    Turdlick
    Willie (the whale)
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

His nickname is Large. He likes White Castles. I just hope he goes somewhere he can get a Crave Case. I doubt anyone wants him though. A former coworker of mine lived next door to the Tureks when they lived in St. Louis. She said they were very nice, mild mannered folks. No word on whether they shared their Belly Bombers.

Comment

SIGN HIM LEERY!!!!!!
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I will forever be the only blues fan in the world who thinks they should have kept turek.
        First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 5 2004, 04:42 PM
          I will forever be the only blues fan in the world who thinks they should have kept turek.
          He does hold the Blues career GAA record.
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

He got the Blues deeper in the playoffs than any goalie in nearly 2 decades.

Comment

They needed a scapegoat....and as we've seen for quite a while now, it wasn't going to be Pleau.

Other Blues scapegoats since Pleau came onboard:

Keenan
              Hull
              Turgeon
              Hill
              Johnson
              Quenneville

Comment

It was recently reported Hill agreed to waive part of his no-trade clause if the right team came asking. I guess that means he'll be on Toronto by next week.

Comment

Turek was absolutely awful for the Flames other than for his two months there and even requested the Blues trade him. The Blues were right for trading him. He was lousy just like every other Blues goalie since Grant Fuhr.

The trade with Calgary was a classic case of giving up nothing for nothing, much as I expect this deal with Phoenix to be.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 5 2004, 05:07 PM
                    Turek was absolutely awful for the Flames other than for his two months there and even requested the Blues trade him. The Blues were right for trading him. He was lousy just like every other Blues goalie since Grant Fuhr.

The trade with Calgary was a classic case of giving up nothing for nothing, much as I expect this deal with Phoenix to be.
                    Giving up crap and getting crap back -- that's the Pleau blue plate special.

Hey, at least we got another career minor leager in Varlamov out of the deal!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 5 2004, 05:07 PM

Fuhr was pretty lousy as well.

The only difference is that they knew what to expect from him....

Comment

I think Fuhr was generally pretty solid. Not good enough to win the Cup, but consistent.

Comment

He may have been good enough before Nick Kypreos ran him over.
                          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
                          X