Brian Sutter in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Sutter in trouble

Apparently he challenged one of his players, Tyler Arnason, to a fight in a Nashville bar. He roughed the guy up but he refused to fight back.

Personally, I like it.

The Blackhawks tried to hide this story and the beat guy for The Daily Herald found out about it. Now they're all over Sutter saying he should be out.

Brian, come to St. Louis and see the boys in the Blues locker room. Then after that go upstairs at Savvis and find Sauer and Pleau.
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

yes!
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Sutter is exactly the type of coach this team needs to kick their ass. He won't allow the players to take a shift off and cruise though the season.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Mar 5 2004, 02:07 PM
        Sutter is exactly the type of coach this team needs to kick their ass. He won't allow the players to take a shift off and cruise though the season.
        They could use a guy with Sutter's mentality but unfortunately, I don't think Sudsy is a particularly good coach.

Comment

Can we start a faction to bring him back? I'm serious here..

He'd lay into Sauer.. Pleau would run...

While we're at it, how aboot's bringing back Ron Caron and Michael Shanahan... Serious again...
          Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Sutter is a worse playoff coach than Quenneville was.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 5 2004, 05:44 PM
              Sutter is a worse playoff coach than Quenneville was.
              Not much.. If any....
              Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

I guess I just don't understand the fascination with Sutter as a coach in St. Louis. I understand why the guy is so popular in St. Louis but he's done nothing over some 15 years as an NHL head coach to convince me he can do any better than the guys since him.

If Sutter is the alternative, I'd prefer they bring back Quenneville.

Comment

He and Q were both Johnny One-Notes.

No counter strategy at all.

No in-game adjustments.

Nada.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 5 2004, 05:56 PM
                    I guess I just don't understand the fascination with Sutter as a coach in St. Louis. I understand why the guy is so popular in St. Louis but he's done nothing over some 15 years as an NHL head coach to convince me he can do any better than the guys since him.

If Sutter is the alternative, I'd prefer they bring back Quenneville.
                    I don't understand it, either. At least Quenneville was able to get a team past the second round of the playoffs.

Also, Sutter did something like this back in 1995 when he was the coach of Boston. He once turned off the lights in the Bruins locker room and challenged someone to come up and punch him. Of course, no one did.
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Sutter's got issues, period....

He still thinks he's player w/ an attitude like that....

Doesn't do much for me as a coach....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                      X