Clear All

• GOP Aides Implicated In Memo Downloads

sourceNixon's "Plumbers" are back!

GOP Aides Implicated In Memo Downloads
    Democrats' Files Accessed and Leaked In Security Breach
    By Helen Dewar
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, March 5, 2004; Page A01

A three-month investigation by the Senate's top law enforcement officer found a systematic downloading of thousands of Democratic computer files by Republican staffers over the past few years as well as serious flaws in the chamber's computer security system.

The report released yesterday by Senate Sergeant-at-Arms William H. Pickle noted that two former Senate GOP staff members -- including the Republicans' top aide on judicial nomination strategy -- were primarily responsible for accessing and leaking computer memos on Democratic plans for blocking some of President Bush's judicial nominations.

Pickle made no recommendations about whether to pursue criminal prosecutions in the case, but he cited several federal laws that might be considered, including statutes involving false statements and receipt of stolen property.
    ================================================== ===
    The party of morals?
    Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Too bad these Republicans weren't caught downloading music - then they would have had the book thrown at them.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Nick2, the only dolt on this board yet to bring a thread to the lounge worth a damn.
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

You guys don't get it.

It's OK because it's politics, see?

Like when Bush does something that goes against what the supposedly fiscally conservative republicans would normally favor, it's ok if it's a shrewd political move. Illegal aliens, Mars, Medicare, gay marriage, huge spending increases, etc.

But it's not OK if for example Kerry did the same thing.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 5 2004, 10:44 AM
          Nick2, the only dolt on this board yet to bring a thread to the lounge worth a damn.
          Truest statement of the day, thus far.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I was going to get on you for not cursing but you saved it with the last word. Whew!
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

DING ©

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

JackSparrow Posted on Mar 5 2004, 10:44 AM
                "dolt"? Interesting choice of words!
                Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

I could have called you a cock gobbler or piece of shit or asscake.

I could have used a great number of things.

Fact is your shit has grown old and the people with better minds have spoken.

You really are a piece of shit that needs to be thrown out.

Each thread you make or post you make about politicians are the same. Bullshit lies to help yourself sleep better at night.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 5 2004, 11:15 AM

Each thread you make or post you make about politicians are the same. Bullshit lies to help yourself sleep better at night.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Though Jack may be a bit more extreme than I am, he's right in that all the posts are essentially the same.

Usually they are just links to websites.

Then, you'll chime in with Trig with the "me toooooooooooooo" that is so present in the "Internet community."
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 5 2004, 11:15 AM

I hate to say it, but if you get that worked up about an internet forum, he owns you.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 5 2004, 11:25 AM
                          I hate to say it, but if you get that worked up about an internet forum, he owns you.
                          How do you know how "worked up" I am?

99.9% of all my posts are submitted with a huge fucking smile on my face.

You cant own that............

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 5 2004, 11:25 AM-->
                            QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Mar 5 2004, 11:25 AM)

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 5 2004, 11:30 AM-->
                            QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 5 2004, 11:30 AM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 11:25 AM
                          Working...
                          X