To all Kerry Supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Kerry Supporters

Many of you will not like to hear this. First, I have no love for GW either, so I am not biased here. Hell, I'm all for getting him out because in the next 4 years he will have Supreme Court nominees up, and we could see Mr Ashcroft wearing a robe.. (Tongue in cheek).

But face it, this mirrors 1988. You all are gonna get killed. Kerry is more liberal than Teddie Kennedy. This smacks of Dukakis. The reason Clinton did so well with voters was that he was a centrist, or at least came across as one. Swing voters could handle him. They are not going to be able to handle the far left Kerry, just as they could not handle the liberalism of Dukakis. Same with Mondale and his pledge to raise taxes..

The Democrats would have been better with Gen Clark running than Kerry. More to the center. Hence why you heard Republicans really slamming Gen Clark, they were afraid of him more than Kerry. This country cannot make up it's mind which way it wants to go. We elect a Dem for President, and give the Republicans control of Congress and vice versa. GW may lean more religous right for some to handle (like me), yet he is far more closer to center than Kerry.

If I am wrong, please dig this post up and throw it back into my face come November. However, I have heard talk of Kerry possibly picking Gephardt as his running mate. If this happens it will be the kiss of death for a very liberal ticket..

Just a take from an outsider looking "in" at both parties. I have been known to be wrong before.. Look forward to hearing opinions on this..

Flame away...
    Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Clinton had a robust economy and no armies involved in quagmires.
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Kerry will probably pick Edwards (a democrat) to be his running mate, making the ticket Republican-Lite/Democrat.

Kerry is absurdly republican. Not so much as Lieberman who's an out and out conservative, but he's still a republican.
      First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

And I suspect the republicans were slamming clark because he, too, is a republican.

Comment

I doubt that Edwards would accept VP.
          Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

I agree that if Kerry picks Gephardt it's all over. If he picks Edwards I think they will win. I don't think that in any time in American Presidential politics that the picking of a running mate will be as important as this.
            "They misunderestimated me."
            Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
            -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

I'd laugh my arse off if Dickie G is chosen as a running mate...and it wouldn't surprise me, either....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Mar 4 2004, 09:19 PM
                I doubt that Edwards would accept VP.
                I think you're wrong on that front double S.
                Are you on the list?

Comment

I can virtually guarantee Edwards will accept it. Richardson already said he won't. Graham won't be seriously considered like many think he may.

Comment

Tailor, gotta agree with you here. Kerry has neither a clue or a chance w/ independants; his message to us is "I'm not Bush", and he hasn't shown that he has any plan at all. I'm not a GWB fan, but Kerry isn't a legitimate choice.

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 4 2004, 09:21 PM
                      I can virtually guarantee Edwards will accept it. Richardson already said he won't. Graham won't be seriously considered like many think he may.
                      Graham is a great Senator....but he is faaaaaaaaaaaaar too bizarre personally to be a Presidential candidate. Kerry's camp is mentioning him as a courtesy, they are mentioning Gephardt as a courtesy. Edwards sees the fact that a K/E ticket polls very strong against Bush. He's fifty. Worst case scenario, he gets a leg up in 08.
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

SLU,

I state this for two reasons:

1) I don't think Kerry is going to win.

2) In the future, I think that Edwards has a very decent chance of being nomited on the Democratic ticket and he is taking a possible Kerry loss into consideration. I am of the belief that he has too.
                        Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates@Mar 4 2004, 09:16 PM
                          Many of you will not like to hear this. First, I have no love for GW either, so I am not biased here. Hell, I'm all for getting him out because in the next 4 years he will have Supreme Court nominees up, and we could see Mr Ashcroft wearing a robe.. (Tongue in cheek).

But face it, this mirrors 1988. You all are gonna get killed. Kerry is more liberal than Teddie Kennedy. This smacks of Dukakis. The reason Clinton did so well with voters was that he was a centrist, or at least came across as one. Swing voters could handle him. They are not going to be able to handle the far left Kerry, just as they could not handle the liberalism of Dukakis. Same with Mondale and his pledge to raise taxes..

The Democrats would have been better with Gen Clark running than Kerry. More to the center. Hence why you heard Republicans really slamming Gen Clark, they were afraid of him more than Kerry. This country cannot make up it's mind which way it wants to go. We elect a Dem for President, and give the Republicans control of Congress and vice versa. GW may lean more religous right for some to handle (like me), yet he is far more closer to center than Kerry.

If I am wrong, please dig this post up and throw it back into my face come November. However, I have heard talk of Kerry possibly picking Gephardt as his running mate. If this happens it will be the kiss of death for a very liberal ticket..

Just a take from an outsider looking "in" at both parties. I have been known to be wrong before.. Look forward to hearing opinions on this..

Flame away...
                          How is that objective?

You presented one side of an argument.
                          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 4 2004, 09:18 PM
                            Clinton had a robust economy.
                            Not when he was 1st elected. He inherited a recession..
                            Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates+Mar 4 2004, 09:23 PM-->
                              QUOTE(Soocrates @ Mar 4 2004, 09:23 PM)
                            Working...
                            X