Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wistrom signs w. SEA

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I don't think Wistrom is worth what the Rams offered him; I imagine Seattle offered even more and thus overpaid.

But it still takes away from a division rival, so I guess he has a slightly added value in that regard.

Comment

I like Wistrom, but he doesnt get many sacks. In having to choose between him and Timmerman, I definitely think the offensive line is a higher necessity. We have all those first round draft picks that we can move in and out of the position. And while they are all tackles, I just dont think Wistrom is worth the money that he is asking.
      Official Sponsor of Steven Jackson
      ---------------------------
      North County born and raised.
      ----------------------------
      Go Navy!
      ----------------------------
      http://www.freewebs.com/big_dawg160/
      (Nude pics!) Actually my CD, DVD, Book collection.

Comment

There goes a good portion of Harpo's business.
        "My name is Pussy Galore."
        "I must be dreaming."

Official Sponsor of Scott Rolen

Comment

Originally posted by bpd008@Mar 4 2004, 09:07 PM
          There goes a good portion of Harpo's business.

You ain't kidding....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Sad to see such a good guy go, but I agree, he wasn't worth the $$$.

Comment

I liked him too.. He wasn't worth the $$$ tho. I didn't here what the Rams offered him, but here's one reason not to sign him LT. Wow 6 years with Seattle FSMW just reported.. Too long for Grant. He's a speed guy and once his speed goes he is gone.. not effective. 2 to 3 year deal maybe, but 6???? Peace.
              Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Winstrom was a great community asset - he did things for low-income kids that many athletes shun. He will sorely be missed in that capacity and Seattle is getting a stand up guy.

As a football player I don't know if it was the defensive scheme or his own idea to leave the back door open by over pursuit. This always bothered me and more important left huge gains on some plays.
                Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 4 2004, 10:20 PM
                  Winstrom was a great community asset - he did things for low-income kids that many athletes shun. He will sorely be missed in that capacity and Seattle is getting a stand up guy.

As a football player I don't know if it was the defensive scheme or his own idea to leave the back door open by over pursuit. This always bothered me and more important left huge gains on some plays.
                  How well did you know Grant Wistrom?

I've been drinking with him all too often and he's an absolute ass.

One time after Harpos, I was talking to a friend in his car and Grant walked over, pulled out his cock and started pissing in the guy's car.

He wasn't THAT drunk.

My friend asked "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" to which he replied "Shut the fuck up. I'm grant wistrom."

Cock gobbler.

And waht made it worse is that he's no good anymore. Good signing for the Rams.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 4 2004, 10:23 PM-->
                    QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Mar 4 2004, 10:23 PM)

Originally posted by Soocrates@Mar 4 2004, 08:02 PM
                    I liked him too.. He wasn't worth the $$$ tho. I didn't here what the Rams offered him, but here's one reason not to sign him LT. Wow 6 years with Seattle FSMW just reported.. Too long for Grant. He's a speed guy and once his speed goes he is gone.. not effective. 2 to 3 year deal maybe, but 6???? Peace.
                    The six years is just cosmetic for cap purposes. Most likely, this is really a three or four year deal with the next year being the cap hit year. And if he's highly productive for that long, they'll restructure.

Comment

Zezel -

I don't know him well at all. Glad you gave me an insight - I don't drink at all and don't get out much with two kids. I do know that Winstrom has made several appearances in poor neighborhood's so I assumed he was a good guy. Just shows you can't judge people by some of the things they do.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 4 2004, 10:38 PM
                        Zezel -

I don't know him well at all. Glad you gave me an insight - I don't drink at all and don't get out much with two kids. I do know that Winstrom has made several appearances in poor neighborhood's so I assumed he was a good guy. Just shows you can't judge people by some of the things they do.
                        I'm not doubting he does that stuff, and I have met him once sober. He seemed nice enough.

But I've seen him @ the bars at least 10 times and everytime he's quite sure that HE's the reason everyone's there.

I can live with some atheletes having a god complex and acting like the shit, but when he was just passing by and started pissing in my friend's car, that was WAY over the line.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I agree Zezel -

It's kind of funny - if any of the kids he was telling to stay in school and to do the right things - saw what he was really like - they might drop out immediately and do as much wrong as possible.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

He wasnt worth the money

I am sure he will tear us a new ass each time we play him.
                            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Working...
                            X