Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA Top ALL TIME 100 Footballers

USA USA USA. Oh.

Socrates played soccer? And was Brazilian? Who knew?

Comment

Amazing, eh?

Comment

Invariably these kinds of lists are always controversial and open to personal opinion whilst criticizing them.

However, there's such a glaring omission on here that it borders on being diabolical.

To have Michael Owen on this list representing England is pretty preposterous in the first place but, it's even more outrageous when one notices the the very best English player of all time, Stanley Matthews doesn't even appear on it.

Off the top of my head I can think of many players who were FAR better than Michael Owens.........Trevor Brooking, Glen Hoddle and Trevor Francis to name just three from the late 70's. Gazza could out dribble and out score Owens on any day! Where's he at?

Comment

DL--

My first impression, besides the Socrates thing, was that the list was Heavily slanted toward recent players.

Comment

Very astute Backstop!

Just look at the top of the page............Argentina with no Ossie and Ireland without Liam Brady? Maybe he was Northern Irish but Georgie's the only one there anyway.

This list seems to have been chosen by the under-30 gang who threw in the obvious heroic names from the past that they've read about.

Comment

Where the hell is Geebsie Hunter?
              I let my hair air dry thereby getting more hair pie
              I want to fire blanks in Tyra Banks
              I like shorn quim lasses in horn-rimmed glasses
              but Cindy Crawford ...offered
              I would keep a tidy room for Heidi Klum
              I'm immersed in Kirstie Alley's thirsty valley

I want a smelly slice of Kelly Price
              Plus get with the hairy scar of Teri Garr
              I would jizz early inside Liz Hurley
              Sigourney Weaver has a thrashing horny beaver
              Winona Ryder? Going inside her!
              I want to get on the whole width of Anna Nicole Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 4 2004, 02:02 PM
                Very astute Backstop!

Just look at the top of the page............Argentina with no Ossie and Ireland without Liam Brady? Maybe he was Northern Irish but Georgie's the only one there anyway.

This list seems to have been chosen by the under-30 gang who threw in the obvious heroic names from the past that they've read about.
                I read somewhere that people had to choose 50 current players and 50 retired players. Thus the strange list.

Sepp Blatter is a tool anyway, anything with the name Fifa in is bad, I know I got Fifi 2004. :angry:

Comment

All i know is that PELE should be #1...that is indisputable.

Zidane should have been higher...

Where was my boy, Romario??

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy+Mar 4 2004, 05:46 PM-->
                    QUOTE(Weird_English_Guy @ Mar 4 2004, 05:46 PM)

Originally posted by DaLode+Mar 5 2004, 01:21 PM-->
                    QUOTE(DaLode @ Mar 5 2004, 01:21 PM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 05:46 PM

WEG-

I am watching the 6 nations...damn, is it good...

Unfortunately, your Pommie brethren still have good form left over from the Rugby World Cup...plus, all of the really good teams are in the Southern Hemisphere...I mean, woldnt you rather play the All-Blacks and the Wallabies and the Springboks...rather than the Italians and the Welsh??

Comment

What? No Don Ebert?
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 5 2004, 07:30 PM
                        WEG-

I am watching the 6 nations...damn, is it good...

Unfortunately, your Pommie brethren still have good form left over from the Rugby World Cup...plus, all of the really good teams are in the Southern Hemisphere...I mean, woldnt you rather play the All-Blacks and the Wallabies and the Springboks...rather than the Italians and the Welsh??
                        I get to watch the rugby because my dad DVDs it and sends it to me. I didn't even have to ask him to do it.

Get used to England winning (I hope ). I think it may be the one sport we will remain good at for quite a while. The infrastructure of the game seems to be pretty good at the moment.

On playing the Southern Hemisphere teams, I remember reading after the World Cup about someone trying to organize something like that. I think the plan was for Australia, NZ, S. Africa, England and France to play, possibly when the tri-nations is played now. However it seems like the idea has died in the water.

Comment

Working...
                        X