A Vote Against Bush Is a Vote For Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Vote Against Bush Is a Vote For Hitler

I thought Democrats were the ones that had a monopoly on the Hitler references.

http://www.ktok.com/cc-common/feeds/view.p...article_id=1559

Cole Claims a Vote Against Bush Is a Vote For Hitler
    Wednesday, March 3, 2004 at 9:04pm

Republican Congressman Tom Cole claims a vote against the re-election of President Bush is like supporting Adolph Hitler during World War Two. It's what he said recently before a meeting of Canadian County Republicans.

U-S Representative Tom Cole might have stirred up Democrats by saying a vote against the re-election of President Bush is like supporting Adolph Hitler during World War Two. Or supporting Osama bin Laden now. "If George Bush loses the election, Osama bin Laden wins the election," Cole is quoted in this week's edition of the Yukon Review which covered the recent meeting of the Canadinan County Republicans where Cole was a speaker. The newspaper says Cole claims if Bush loses his re-election bid, the enemies of the U-S will interpret it as a victory for bin Laden. No comment so far from Oklahoma Democratic party leaders to see if they think Cole is comparing John Kerry to Adolph Hitler or Osama bin Laden. In the Yukon Review article, Cole is quoted as asking what Hitler might have thought had Franklin Roosevelt not been re-elected in 1944. (JB)
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

gotta love free speech.

seriously though, what an assclown.

Comment

LOL!!!!

That's funny.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

http://www.tomcoleforcongress.com/abouttom.asp

Cole has worked for many conservative Republican candidates in Oklahoma and around the nation. These have ranged from state legislators to congressmen to Presidents. Cole has worked for Ronald Reagan, George Bush, George W. Bush, J.C. Watts and other leading Republicans and conservatives. Cole has served as both Chairman and Executive Director of the Oklahoma Republican Party, and has been called to Washington D.C., where he has been Executive Director of the National Republican Congressional Committee and Chief of Staff of the Republican National Committee. After the 2000 election, Cole was asked to serve as a member of the Bush-Cheney Transition Advisory Committee.

Since 1989, Cole has been President of Cole Hargrave Snodgrass & Associates, a nationally recognized political consulting firm that has worked extensively in Oklahoma and across the nation.

A former college professor in history and politics, Cole is a graduate of Moore High School and has been a Watson Fellow (1971-72) and a Fulbright Fellow (1977-78) at the University of London. He holds a B.A. from Grinnell College, an M.A. from Yale University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma. He also serves as a board member for the national Fulbright Association.
        I thought all college professors were liberal. WTF happened to this guy?
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Who votes these zealous, villainous people, like Cole, into Congress? And why?
          Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

Dumb. Ass.
            Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

What factory churns out these clones that think like this?
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 4 2004, 12:10 PM

I thought all college professors were liberal. WTF happened to this guy?
                There are some exceptions.......

Comment

And the tenure system protects dumbasses of all stripes.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 4 2004, 12:51 PM
                    What factory churns out these clones that think like this?
                    I agree, Razzy.

Not too many years ago, a member of the U.S. House of Reps stormed out of a committee hearing, in front of the TV cameras and with much fanfare, claiming "I fought against you people in WWII." He was a veteran of combat in Europe and was referring, of course, to the Nazis.

I don't know where we get these morons.....(psst, he was a Democrat, but don't tell anyone.....)

Comment

Factories like these

NEW YORK — What MoveOn.org wanted was for people to submit 30-second ads that were critical of President Bush, but what the liberal-leaning organization got was a controversy over one entry that compared Bush to Adolf Hitler (search ).

As proof, note that after the ads were pulled, Democrats.com called it "One more victory for GOP censorship, bringing us ever closer to a Nazi dictatorship." Is that just some kook website? Yes - and that's the point. Democrats.com is oh so very tightly tied to the party mainstream through co-founder David Lytell, Bill Clinton's personal Webmaster, and Clinton pollster Stanley Greenberg, husband of Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT).
                      It's going a bit far to compare the Bush of 2003 to the Hitler of 1933. Bush simply is not the orator that Hitler was. But comparisons of the Bush Administration's fear mongering tactics to those practiced so successfully and with such terrible results by HItler and Goebbels on the German people and their Weimar Republic are not at all out of line.
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 4 2004, 12:55 PM
                        And the tenure system protects dumbasses of all stripes.
                        The really good ones don't even bother to go on tenure track, JD. They work off one-year contracts.

They look upon tenure as what it is, a license to never have to work again.

Comment

Originally posted by nick2@Mar 4 2004, 12:13 PM
                          Who votes these zealous, villainous people, like Cole, into Congress? And why?
                          in order,
                          they are southern
                          and
                          they are southern :rolleyes:

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke+Mar 4 2004, 01:00 PM-->
                            QUOTE(jhanke @ Mar 4 2004, 01:00 PM)

Hank,

As if Southern states have the market cornered on bigoted fools.
                            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
                            X