• gwb campaign ads

Let the debate begin..

http://www.georgewbush.com/TVAds/

Originally posted by dooz@Mar 4 2004, 09:20 AM
    Let the debate begin..

http://www.georgewbush.com/TVAds/
    I posted this in the 9/11 thread.

CLAIM:
    "I can't believe he said that. They are playing politics with a national tragedy."

- Bush-Cheney spokesman Kevin Madden refuting charges that the Administration is using 9/11 for political gain, Newsday, 2/20/04

FACT:

"President Bush's re-election team unveiled his first campaign advertisements on Wednesday and they in part use the events of Sept. 11, 2001...Two ads refer to the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001...One ad, entitled 'Tested,' shows, among other images, a damaged building from the World Trade Center ruins."

- Reuters, 3/3/04

Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

9/11 is central to G-Dub's foreign policy, he can't ignore it in his ads.
      Goulet!

Comment

Dvy

have you seen the ads?
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 4 2004, 09:37 AM
          Dvy

have you seen the ads?
          You mean on TV?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Yes.

Wondered what your personal opinion on the ads was?

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 4 2004, 09:47 AM
              Yes.

Wondered what your personal opinion on the ads was?
              I only can hear them at work for some reason and I don't watch much TV.

My first reaction is that my eyes about rolled out of my head when Dubya said something about knowing how to make the world a more peaceful place. Does he mean he learned from his mistakes in Iraq or does he mean that we are going to attack another country that isn't a threat to us? I mean, "when we are talking about war, we are talking about peace," right?

I did get a chuckle when he tried to say "entrepreneurial" spirit or whatever he was saying.
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 4 2004, 10:12 AM
                I mean, "when we are talking about war, we are talking about peace," right?

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Comment

I think the ads are great.

They're making it real easy on Kerry to take this election in a landslide.

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 4 2004, 10:17 AM-->
                    QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 4 2004, 10:17 AM)

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 4 2004, 10:23 AM
                    You should have highlighted the key word in that sentence. I did it for you.

What's sad is that JFK got us started in Vietnam. That turned out wonderfully, so it's ironic that's who you would reference to stick up for Dubya's Dubyaism.
                    It's also Kennedy who was pulling out of Vietnam until the CIA killed him.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

What's sad is that JFK got us started in Vietnam. That turned out wonderfully, so it's ironic that's who you would reference to stick up for Dubya's Dubyaism.

What ahppened in Vietnam is similiar to what could happen in Iraq with Kerry as President.

We will lose our will to win. Thus ensuring certain defeat.

Comment

I guess the question I have is does Bush have anything else besides 9/11 to base his campaign on?
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 4 2004, 11:05 AM
                          I guess the question I have is does Bush have anything else besides 9/11 to base his campaign on?
                          It is the biggest challenge to face America for decades.

What else could there be,

Well, I guess you could include stifling the recession he inherited, or the dot.com bust.

Or overcoming a questionable election.

But no, by far 9/11 is the most dominate event in his presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 4 2004, 11:08 AM-->
                            QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 4 2004, 11:08 AM)
                          Working...
                          X