X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goold on the Blues: Summary of today's nonsense

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=135411

Folks,

Because it's been exactly the kind of day where a spark of nonsense can lead to a brushfire, here's the news of the day ... with, as usual, more coming in tomorrow's paper.

- Peter Sejna is on his way to St. Louis. He's expected to play tomorrow.

- Mike Danton has a shoulder injury; an MRI is being taken this afternoon and results are forthcoming.

- Sejna may play on Cajanek's line. Kitchen said he sees a line of Rycroft, Cajanek and Sejna.

- Quenneville is not going to Colorado tonight. Nor tomorrow.

- That report, like a few others, is untrue today.

- He is going to Toronto to work with TSN.

- Apparently, Granato did not go to the morning skate and that added unexpected credence to the report from NY. The skate was an optional and we're all pretty bright enough to figure out what Granato may have been doing in the meantime. Don't forget what time of year it is -- or what he woke up to this morning.

- Still, should be reason enough to watch the Vancouver game.

- Pronger is not available for a trade. Didn't we just go over this?

- The core of the team is Pronger, Backman, Jackman. It's been said before. There's no replacement-in-waiting for any of them.

- So Gonchar goes to Boston and the Canadian media needs a new target for the Leafs and -- surprise, surprise -- they start throwing Pronger in the mix. It's a joke. Same as it was Tuesday.

- Tea-leaf reporting.

- Fairy-tale journalism.

- Blues have talked with Pittsburgh, the Islanders, Carolina and possibly Philadelphia (everybody now: watch for healthy scratches). Right now, it looks like buyers ... but give them a few days. Or, the moment Dallas Drake is traded.

- Blues must win 11 of 17 to reach 90 points.

- Or, as Tom Timmermann, makes the best point of all: The Blues must have two more wins than LA and one more than Edmonton. That's the race, folks.

All if this is all about the race.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I'll do my best to answer them. Keep your dobber up as you try to fish the news out of the nonsense.

Derrick
    -30-

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

A voice of reason, how refreshing. For other than pure comedic value and an inflated sense of mastery of the English language for all of us here, can we please stop citing Hadley?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 3 2004, 05:37 PM
      A voice of reason, how refreshing. For other than pure comedic value and a sense of mastery of the English language for all of us here, can we please stop citing Hadley?
      I post him for entertainment purposes only....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Goold is a breath of fresh air compared to Tom Wheatley. I like reading Goold's stuff. The feature article he did about Mellanby and his family a few weeks back was one of the best pieces I have ever read in the newspaper.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 3 2004, 09:22 PM
          Goold is a breath of fresh air compared to Tom Wheatley. I like reading Goold's stuff. The feature article he did about Mellanby and his family a few weeks back was one of the best pieces I have ever read in the newspaper.
          I agree.

He's 100% better than Wheatley and Leucking.
          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 3 2004, 05:34 PM
            Keep your dobber up
            Keep my what up? I light my doobers, I don't keep them up....
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 3 2004, 03:34 PM

- Blues have talked with Pittsburgh, the Islanders, Carolina and possibly Philadelphia (everybody now: watch for healthy scratches). Right now, it looks like buyers ... but give them a few days. Or, the moment Dallas Drake is traded.
              The stupidity levels of Pleau never cease to amaze me.

Comment

Working...
              X