Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oilers land Nedved, Markannen

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74788

See kids? that's how a firesale works...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

A firesale is not in Larry's vocabulary.

I doubt he can spot a sale even it its printed in front of him.

han solo

Comment

I'm surprised Edmonton acquired him...they're even behind the Blues.

Comment

Next year could be Nedved's breakout year.

Do people even remember that he once played for the Blues?

What a wasted talent.
        Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

I remember what the fucking blues had to do to make dear old craig janney satisfied after they signed nedved. That's what pissed me off most about that whole arrangement.
          First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 07:26 PM
            I remember what the fucking blues had to do to make dear old craig janney satisfied after they signed nedved. That's what pissed me off most about that whole arrangement.
            you mean it wasn't Shanahan banging Janney's wife?

Comment

Wasn't Janney compensation for Nedved and he bitched and moaned because he'd just bought a new house or some shit like that? If I remember correctly, the Blues had to trade 3 kids to get him back.

Comment

Other moments that stick out in my mind would include the day Shanahan was traded for Pronger. I was having a ridiculous hard time falling asleep, so at 2 AM I decided to turn on WFAN sure that the rants of the dumbass they had on the morning hours back then would put me to sleep. I remember thinking "gee, they could have gotten a lot more than Pronger"

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 07:29 PM
                  Wasn't Janney compensation for Nedved and he bitched and moaned because he'd just bought a new house or some shit like that? If I remember correctly, the Blues had to trade 3 kids to get him back.
                  Yeah, that's basically it. He refused to report to Vancouver after the Nedved signing.

Hard to believe all of that crap took place 10 years ago this week.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

They should have let him rot. Play for who you go to or don't play at all.

Comment

Poor Veronica Varekova - gonna be freezing her arse in Edmonton

han solo

Comment

Here's the sad story:

Signing Vancouver's Petr Nedved as a free agent in March of 1994 led to a series of weird deals. First, there was an arbitration case on compensation in which the Canucks asked for Shanahan and the Blues offered Craig Janney.

The arbitrator awarded Janney, but Janney refused to report to Vancouver, and ultimately the Blues got Janney back for Jeff Brown, Bret Hedican and Nathan Lafayette.

Oh, and the Blues lost Nedved four months later when the NHL sent him to the Rangers for relics Esa Tikkanen and Doug Lidster ... as compensation for the Blues hiring Keenan.

Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Working...
                        X