The Melting Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Melting Pot

Friends want to go Friday - has anybody been there? Any menu items I should try/avoid? I heard it's pricey. Is it worth it?

Make sure you block off 2-3 hours at least. I liked it, but make sure you are with friends you want to spend some serious sit down time with. Make reservations if you can.

Comment

i don't think it's worth it food wise. but it's a nice place to go just because it's different. i think everyone should try it at least once. but no, it's not worth the money. at least not for me. the food was good, but at those prices, it better knock my socks off. and it didn't.
      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

yeah gonzo......it does take a lifetime to get a seat.
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

It is pricey.

Well worth it. It is by far me and my wifes favorite night out.

It is fondu. Everything is good. Great wine selection. Atmosphere is great. It is fantastic alone or in a bigger group

Be prepared to spend money and time.

$50 a head 2.5 hours of fun.

Have a blast.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 3 2004, 03:45 PM
            i don't think it's worth it food wise. but it's a nice place to go just because it's different. i think everyone should try it at least once. but no, it's not worth the money.
            Agree. It's not a total rip off, but like you said, everyone should go at least once.

Did anyone get a chance to go to 94th Aero Squadron before it shut down? I loved that place. The best beer cheese soup ever. Any idea if they will re-open somewhere else?

Comment

Great wine selection
              Excellent wine list.

Comment

Did anyone get a chance to go to 94th Aero Squadron before it shut down? I loved that place. The best beer cheese soup ever. Any idea if they will re-open somewhere else?

Gonz.......You mean the one by Lambert............It used to be a pretty neat place years ago......Decent food and great bar.......But I thought it went downhill severly before it shut down............
                AKA reddevil
                AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

I think the food is pretty good...

But like others said: Pricey and block out aboot 3 hours....and make sure you have reservations!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 3 2004, 03:51 PM

Gonz.......You mean the one by Lambert............It used to be a pretty neat place years ago......Decent food and great bar.......But I thought it went downhill severly before it shut down............
                    That's the one. I didn't really notice a big decline, but after they knew they had to go it seemed to have an effect on things. Still, sitting out on the patio and watching the planes was awesome. And the kids loved listening to the pilots on the headphones.

To this day, I haven't had beer cheese soup that even comes close. Damn.

Comment

Well worth it. Lobster in particular is incredible when cooked fondue-style.

Remember to get the coq au vin, though, when they ask you. That's crucial.
                      I let my hair air dry thereby getting more hair pie
                      I want to fire blanks in Tyra Banks
                      I like shorn quim lasses in horn-rimmed glasses
                      but Cindy Crawford ...offered
                      I would keep a tidy room for Heidi Klum
                      I'm immersed in Kirstie Alley's thirsty valley

I want a smelly slice of Kelly Price
                      Plus get with the hairy scar of Teri Garr
                      I would jizz early inside Liz Hurley
                      Sigourney Weaver has a thrashing horny beaver
                      Winona Ryder? Going inside her!
                      I want to get on the whole width of Anna Nicole Smith

Comment

One more thing: the 'surf and turf' fondue is excellent the desserts rock....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Mar 3 2004, 03:54 PM-->
                          QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Mar 3 2004, 03:54 PM)

Great place, good wine, lots of fun. You will need reservations though.
                          "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Everyone should do it at least once.

Its fun and its good but it is pricey and takes forever.

I like the choclate dipping at the end the best. I would not get the steak...I don't think its meant to be boiled.

We have been there a few times. I probably won't go again. I prefer a nice juicy steak from Mortons or Citizen Kanes.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                            X