Who will be MLB's Surprise Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be MLB's Surprise Team?

Considering the success of the Florida Marlins last season, the general success of the Royals in spite of their coming up short, and offseason activity, who will it be?

This, in no way, is implying that any of these teams will win the world series, but which one has the best chance to surprise us all with a run deep into the season and a possible playoff berth?

I pick Colorado.
    Colorado
    0%
    Pittsburgh
    0%
    Detroit
    0%
    Baltimore
    0%
    Florida (Again)
    0%
    Other (Specify w/ reas
    0%
    First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

I have a feeling about the O's this season.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 3 2004, 03:18 PM
      I have a feeling about the O's this season.
      They will be lucky to get 3rd place. I think the Indians can suprise and take the AL Central.

Comment

No doubting Tejada was a big pickup for the O's. Will their pitching keep up?

Comment

Either Toronto or San Diego. The Blue Jays won 86 games last year, kept the lineup in tact, and while they lost Escobar, they added Lilly and Batista. I think the Blue Jays will win 90-95 games.

As for San Diego, they have some good young pitchers, they have a lot of good young players, and they improved quite a bit in the second half last year when Phil Nevin came back and they added Brian Giles. Plus, all of the other teams in the NL West appear to have gotten worse. I don't think there's a 90-win team in that group.

Comment

Do you think Halladay will have as good a season? I'm lining him up for 15 wins.

Comment

Im going with San Diego...talent is coming together....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I'm not so sure Halladay wasn't better in 2002 than he was in 2003. I expect he'll be right around 20 wins again.

Comment

SD -weak division, upgraded talent.
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

the NL west will be a very strong division. If the Dodgers tie up Jeff Weaver and throw him onto the freeway, it'll be a very very strong division.

Comment

The D-Rays! They've got Tino now!

Comment

San Diego will suprise too. Halladay's peripheral numbers have always been outstanding. Unless he gets incredibly unlucky, he will reach 20 wins again.

Comment

The D-Rays won't finish in last place. Sweet Lou said so.

It's time for a base throwing, ump kicking foul mouthed outburst, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 01:22 PM
                            the NL west will be a very strong division. If the Dodgers tie up Jeff Weaver and throw him onto the freeway, it'll be a very very strong division.
                            Who in the NL West impresses you? The Giants lost guys and didn't add anything, the Dodgers marginally improved their offense but weakened their pitching, the Diamondbacks probably improved their lineup a bit but weakened their pitching, and Colorado is still Colorado--they'll never win because of the altitude. I don't see anyone that is very good in that bunch.

I'll probably end up picking the Giants by default and I'm not even sure they're better than the Cardinals, who I don't see winning more than 85 or 86 games.

Comment

I guess the Angels wouldn't count as a surprise, huh?
                              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Working...
                              X