• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders get Washington

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750079
    \'user\'user\'user
    Sponsor of Mee-Shay, Dante Culpepper & Marian Gaborik
    proud sponsor of ball-magnet

Tough loss for New England. I think he was the difference between them missing the playoffs in 2002 and winning the Super Bowl in 2003. Washington is one of the most valuable players in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 3 2004, 03:12 PM
      Tough loss for New England. I think he was the difference between them missing the playoffs in 2002 and winning the Super Bowl in 2003. Washington is one of the most valuable players in the league.
      He has single-handedly improved the linebacker play of every team he has been on. Look at Urlacher post-Washington and Vrabel and the other NE LB's really blossomed this year. If it came down to him or Law, I think they made the right choice.

Comment

As a longtime Raiders fan, I can say WOOOOT!

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 3 2004, 03:12 PM
          Washington is one of the most valuable players in the league not named Archuleta.
          fixed.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

New England still has good linebackers; they were good in 2001 without Ted Washington. And they have like seven good linebackers.

Law is definitely more important than Mount Washington is. They're going to need Ty Warren to step up next year. Or, if they're REALLY lucky, Vince Wilfork will drop to 21 in the draft. I think Wilfork is the next Ted Washington.

Comment

Working...
            X