Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glen a richter
    replied
    now that he's off the 'roids? OK, OK... I was wrong about Giambi. But he does have the injury bug and there's too many guys to play DH. If Giambi gets the bulk of the playing time at 1st base, who knows what will happen?

Travis Lee, Tony Clark, Bernie Williams, Kenny Lofton and Jason Giambi are all fighting for a field position and someone will have to settle for DH. I really don't know what to think. If Giambi plays 1st and Lofton plays center, Bernie will probably DH and Lee/Clark will sit. If Giambi DH's, Lee/Clark will become the first base platoon, and one of Williams or Lofton will have to sit out. I think they should have accepted Sheffs offer to play third, put Rodriguez at second, move Williams over so you can get Matsui, Williams and Lofton in the outfield.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 03:12 PM
    Under the circumstances, Cashman is a helluva GM, considering the pressure he's under to answer to Georgies every beck and call. I just wish he had a different boss. Steinbrenner is a motherfucker, and all the talk about how he's mellowed out this spring is standard. Just wait til the Yankees lose 2 games in a row and see how many heads he's out to hang from his office walls.
    What do you think aboot Giambi?

Leave a comment:

• glen a richter
    replied
    Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 3 2004, 03:08 PM-->
    QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 3 2004, 03:08 PM)

• glen a richter
    replied
    Safe bet:

NL East: Phillies, Braves, Marlins, Expos, Mets

I don't think the Mets are improved at all, the Marlins won't repeat last years run, the Braves aren't as good as they've been, the Phillies are improved a great deal by Billy Wagner alone, and the Expos? Well, I just hate the Mets enough to put them behind Mont-Rico.

Leave a comment:

• WinstonSmith
    replied
    Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 02:09 PM
    I floated, in general conversation, the idea that they could trade Piazza and some prospects to Milwaukee for Jenkins, and Milwaukee
    You floated?

You sound like Cashman.

Leave a comment:

• WinstonSmith
    replied
    Originally posted by 007@Mar 3 2004, 02:05 PM
    Orange represents the NY Giants and the blue represents the Brooklyn Dodgers...
    Bingo.

Leave a comment:

• CSD
    replied
    Dodgers 13 - Mets 4, FINAL.

I hope the Mets continue to suck like this all season long.

Leave a comment:

• glen a richter
    replied
    The Mets should have tried to get Geoff Jenkins. I floated, in general conversation, the idea that they could trade Piazza and some prospects to Milwaukee for Jenkins, and Milwaukee would promptly trade Piazza to Baltimore for more prospects. Then Phillips could catch in place of Piazza plus fill an outfield void, Piazza could have gone to the AL like I figured he wanted to, and the Brewers could have ditched some salary.

Leave a comment:

• Fishbone
    replied
    That ESPN Baseball games looks incredible. Can't wait till that shit comes out so I will finally put down ESPN Hockey.

Leave a comment:

• glen a richter
    replied
    The Mets have fans?

Originally, the Mets wanted to draw fans who had previously been either Dodgers or Giants fans. It was the "great return" of the NL to New York. At least that's the way I understand it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Orange represents the NY Giants and the blue represents the Brooklyn Dodgers...

Leave a comment:

• CSD
    replied
    Originally posted by glen a richter@Mar 3 2004, 02:01 PM
    Those orange uniforms are horrendous.

I never understood what was going on with the Orange/Blue for the Mets. Orange and blue are the official colors of Nassau County and the Mets play in Queens.
    I guess the Mets felt that LI is where they were going to draw a lot of fans from.

Leave a comment:

• glen a richter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Mar 3 2004, 02:02 PM
    Wow. I would have a hard time coming up with a matchup of two teams I cared less about :P
    Milwaukee/Detroit?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wow. I would have a hard time coming up with a matchup of two teams I cared less about :P

Leave a comment:

• glen a richter
    replied
    Those orange uniforms are horrendous.

I never understood what was going on with the Orange/Blue for the Mets. Orange and blue are the official colors of Nassau County and the Mets play in Queens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X