X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported on ESPN Insider

-Griffey to Braves
    -Adam Dunn to Dodgers for Odalis Perez
    -Soriano to Mets, Dodgers, Angels, Astros. Soriano would be moved for pitching for each team.

Wow. Thanks.

Comment

So the Braves could potentially have two injury prone outfielders? Sweet.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

If Griffey goes to the Braves, what happens? Do they move Chipper back to third and stick Junior in left? Or are they just protecting themselves against the inevitable J.D. Drew injuries--Griffey will be hurt half the time, Drew will be hurt half the time...put them together and one of them will be healthy all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 3 2004, 11:39 AM
          So the Braves could potentially have two injury prone outfielders? Sweet.
          That is what I was thinking.

Paul Dougherty was on TK's show yesterday. He asked him how the fans have embraced Griffey. Paul said he hasn't played enough for anyone to like him.

Comment

put them together and one of them will be healthy all the time!

I wouldn't bet on that.
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

that's all interesting news. I don't worry about Cincy picking up Perez. The soriano movie is a sad for Texas fans, they lose two franchise caliber players in a month, they better get a lot of pitching.

Griffey is just sad. I can't remember anyone in recent memory who has had so much potential but just stunk it up.
              Are you on the list?

Comment

Griffey would likely play first base.
                Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 3 2004, 11:41 AM
                  put them together and one of them will be healthy all the time!

I wouldn't bet on that.
                  Dreffey.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Mar 3 2004, 11:42 AM
                    Griffey would likely play first base.
                    He'd love that.

What's worse: an always injured Griffey, or an always complaining Griffey?
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 3 2004, 11:42 AM
                      that's all interesting news. I don't worry about Cincy picking up Perez. The soriano movie is a sad for Texas fans, they lose two franchise caliber players in a month, they better get a lot of pitching.

Griffey is just sad. I can't remember anyone in recent memory who has had so much potential but just stunk it up.
                      HEre are the pitchers they have listed in the Soriano trade:

Jerome Robertson, Astros
                      Odalis Perez, Dodgers
                      John Lackey, Angels,
                      Scott Kazmir, MEts (Kazmir is one of the best prospects in the game)

I don't care how desperate the Rangers are for pitching, none of these guys even closely match Soriano's value.

Comment

If I'm Texas, I offer Soriano to Oakland for Rich Harden. Young stud pitcher to build around, the A's are deep in pitching both at the major and minor league levels, and the A's desperately need a bat.

Comment

Thanks, Fish.

Comment

What's worse: an always injured Griffey, or an always complaining Griffey?
                            Two questions -

1. When is Griffey not injured?
                            2. When is Griffey not complaining?
                            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone+Mar 3 2004, 11:43 AM-->
                              QUOTE(Fishbone @ Mar 3 2004, 11:43 AM)
                            Working...
                            X