Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improved Turds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Improved Turds

    Folks, you'll be glad to know that in my first days as owner/GM of the Kaiserville Loathsome Turds, I've been able to significantly upgrade the team's prospects for this year.

    First, I robbed BBZ blind in a trade which netted a LH hitting young catcher (he will DH for me against righties) and an excellent infielder/outfielder who has been inserted into the cleanup spot of an already strong lineup. I gave up two crappy malcontents. An example of building through trades.

    Next, a prized FA switch-hitting left fielder, Satchel (yes, that's his name) Gentry accepted the LT's offer. He was a bit pricey, but with my payroll, easily affordable. I expect him to play everyday and be a mentor to my young, but talented, CFer, who should blossom as the year goes along. An example of building through the FA market. And still, I have a balanced strong team, with a low payroll.

    In other words, Jocketty, I know you're out there. Take notice.

    Now, I'm shopping, still, for arms. I have some things to offer. I want guys who throw hard--young or middle aged. All reasonable offers will be entertained.

    Season opens soon with my team destroying Devaskar's bunch. I'll keep everyone updated. You're welcome.
    I'm always right.

  • #2
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

    Comment


    • #3
      Put a link out for us when the season starts.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CSD@Mar 3 2004, 10:38 AM
        Very insightful. You're obviously intimidated.

        Now, got any pitching I can take off your hands?

        To Dvyyyyyyyyyyyy: Link above in the pinned thread. No games played yet.
        I'm always right.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kaiser+Mar 3 2004, 11:00 AM-->
          QUOTE(kaiser @ Mar 3 2004, 11:00 AM)

        • #6
          My only regret is that I won’t have the opportunity to play the Kaiserville Turds this season.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

          Comment


          • #7
            Robbed me blind?


            I gave up a middleaged IF past his prime and sitting 3rd on my depth charts behind two younger players and my lowest ranked catcher. (a 20 year old with no defensive potential!)

            Enjoy, while I took your best pitching and your best hitting prospects....


            If that's robbing, you can rob me blind anyday of the week.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

            Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 3 2004, 11:15 AM
              Robbed me blind?


              I gave up a middleaged IF past his prime and sitting 3rd on my depth charts behind two younger players and my lowest ranked catcher. (a 20 year old with no defensive potential!)

              Enjoy, while I took your best pitching and your best hitting prospects....


              If that's robbing, you can rob me blind anyday of the week.
              Walt?
              Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

              ..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by hkyfan+Mar 3 2004, 11:17 AM-->
                QUOTE(hkyfan @ Mar 3 2004, 11:17 AM)

              • #10
                Best prospects? Sure thing, pal. Guess you'll have to find out about those guys the hard way.

                You guys do know that I really AM Walt Jocketty, right?
                I'm always right.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 3 2004, 11:31 AM
                  Best prospects? Sure thing, pal. Guess you'll have to find out about those guys the hard way.

                  You guys do know that I really AM Walt Jocketty, right?
                  And you got Tino from me


                  k thx bye.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

                  Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 3 2004, 11:31 AM
                    Best prospects? Sure thing, pal. Guess you'll have to find out about those guys the hard way.

                    You guys do know that I really AM Walt Jocketty, right?
                    Kaiser have you seen my team? And you offer me that crappy SS?

                    I am the Yankees of this league and I only take the best. :angry:

                    If _STLfan_in_DFW would ever get round to accepting my highly generous offer for his SS I would be very appreciative.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Crappy SS? Youngblood is excellent. And I'm glad the trade didn't go through. I was just about to pulll the plug on it myself. I must have been crazy to try to make that deal.


                      "Highly generous" offer to ? Well, he can do what he wants I suppose, but if he accepts the deal you're offering him, everyone's gonna laugh at him.

                      Now, who out there will deal me some pitching? Guys who throw hard. I've got an excellent SS named Youngblood who I would trade, but only for the right guys, and even then I would probably regret it.

                      But life is full of regrets. And catchers apparently, because I'm still swamped with them, most are pretty good, some are available. For pitching. Guys who throw hard.
                      I'm always right.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 3 2004, 12:29 PM
                        Crappy SS? Youngblood is excellent. And I'm glad the trade didn't go through. I was just about to pulll the plug on it myself. I must have been crazy to try to make that deal.


                        "Highly generous" offer to ? Well, he can do what he wants I suppose, but if he accepts the deal you're offering him, everyone's gonna laugh at him.

                        Now, who out there will deal me some pitching? Guys who throw hard. I've got an excellent SS named Youngblood who I would trade, but only for the right guys, and even then I would probably regret it.

                        But life is full of regrets. And catchers apparently, because I'm still swamped with them, most are pretty good, some are available. For pitching. Guys who throw hard.
                        Make me an offer I can't refuse.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          kaiser,

                          glad to hear turds are improved. your doctor should also be pleased.

                          my question, what name do you give to a stadium where turds play their home games?
                          This game's gotta be played with fear and arrogance - Crash Davis

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X